I’m aching to write and also achingly tired. Here’s a list:
1. Chelsea’s birthday is tomorrow: 22!
2. Nick’s having a surgical procedure tomorrow. We have to be at St. Joe’s at 6 a.m. The surgery isn’t a major one, but he’ll be under anesthesia and also the diabetes factor complicates even minor operations. Since he has to fast, we need to ensure his blood sugar doesn’t drop into the low range – if it does, he’ll have to eat, which means the surgery can’t happen. But we don’t want his glucose level to be too high, especially since his A1C level was still elevated at his last doctor’s appointment. So I need to stay up late enough to make sure he’s in a good place, then get up early enough to get him to the hospital on time. I expect we’ll be there for hours.
3. I need to record a surf session. Only one, sadly, but a fun one, nonetheless. Thinking maybe I need to get myself up to Patrick’s Point soon. Am I brave enough?
4. A couple weeks ago, I ended up hiking through the dune forest and took a wrong fork. Given that I could see the power lines stretching north-south and glimpse the highway from time-to-time, I wasn’t exactly lost, but when the trail I was on ended and the sun was going down, I began to fear I wouldn’t get home before dark. Plus the trees are scary when they’re in the shadows. And it’s all Blair Witchy. And maybe a hobo tweeker might jump out at me. But, clearly, I survived.
5. Looking forward. Setting goals. Striving.
I just finished writing something for work about a new “No Discharge Zone” to help curb cruise ship pollution. Maybe I should consider creating a similar zone in which I will not spew my random thoughts. This here, though, this poor blog is stuck being a dumping ground.
I hope the surf session and the birthday help power you through the rest. (Good luck to Nick.)
I’d rather visit a dumping ground any day (for words, that is.) Good thoughts going out to you and your family.